Sunday, May 27, 2007

Practice Run

We got to do a dry run to Labor and Delivery on my due date, yesterday, May 26. Saturday morning at 1:00 am, I had a very small gush of fluid, but didn't continue leaking. I had the same gush at 5, 7 and 9 am when I would sit on the toilet. I called L&D and the nurse said not to worry since I wasn't leaking continuously, but I decided to call my doctor later in the morning anyway, since she is on call this weekend, and she said to go ahead into L&D and have them do the litmus test just to be sure it wasn't amniotic fluid.
.
So we got to pack up the car and prepare to be gone for 3 days - it was really good practice!! Obviously, it wasn't amniotic fluid, or I wouldn't be at home right now. But I got to get hooked up to the monitors and see some contractions that I wasn't feeling and hear the little guy moving around. The nurse taught us how to read the monitors and stuff. She was awesome - we hope she's there on Tuesday when I'm induced. I was still only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, so no real progress, and haven't had hardly any contractions the last couple of days.
.
He's a stubborn little guy! 1 day past my due date and I think he's going to hold out till we force him out on Tuesday.


No comments: