Friday, August 20, 2010

First 24 hours of Port Aransas vacation

We had a rough start...Jenna threw up ALL over herself, the carseat, everywhere before we even got out of Sugarland. Amazingly, you would never believe she was sick the rest of the day - I really thought she just gagged on something, not sick. She was in a great mood, took a couple of naps, stayed up late at a restaurant and was an angel. Then she woke up covered in it again this morning - poor thing. Diarrhea, the whole bit. The picture below was at around 8:30 last night, at the restaurant. She didn't get to bed for over an hour after this, but stayed in a great mood.


But because she's a trooper, I thought I would still take them to the beach this morning as promised, while Daddy was doing some offshore fishing with the boys. Even though I knew we wouldn't be out there long, we hit the beach just after 8 am. It was perfect, except when she ate sand... :) This was a first for both of my kiddos and they loved it. I can't wait to take them again, when I have an extra set of hands to get more pictures.
While we were playing on the beach, Daddy was fishing his heart out. And low and behold, he caught a 5 ft 80 lb shark!!!

More later, but while Jenna was napping (over 2 hours so far), I thought I would document our first day. Oh, and Hunter apparently learned about silly bands at school, so he has also been an angel today (new reward system). He was an absolute terror yesterday, not doing anything we asked him to do....just really bad. Hopefully, we're on the mend and the rest of the weekend will be a blast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kristi,

Take hunter the candy story in town (Wilson's I think is the name). It is old and run down but a great place to go. They have big rattle snake in a cage. They even have candy cigarettes. So much fun for the little ones. The fudge and candies nuts were wonderful.

Sarah