Sunday, July 05, 2009

Happy July 4th!

I'm way behind on pictures and unfortunately, you won't see any here either. I didn't even get the camera out this weekend...complete loser.
.
We pretty much did nothing this weekend. The most exciting part of the weekend was getting the inflatable pool out for the first time this afternoon (Sunday). Hunter LOVED it!! We will do it again soon, I promise, and I will make sure the camera is outside.
.
Brent has been sick again. We thought Hunter was getting sick again, but he went all day today with no fever, so hopefully it was nothing. I, however, have been feeling pretty good - back hasn't messed up again since my last physical therapy appointment, so I'm hoping it holds out at least until the next one this Tuesday. I'm not sure if I'm just working the right muscles now that they've made me more aware of them or what, because I'm moving around and playing with Hunter pretty normally...I just need to be careful on the jerky movements since that's what's hurt me in the past.
.
Before I go to bed (very early), I'll tell you about what I did for dinner tonight. Some of you know I struggle with coming up with healthy, easy meals that all of us can eat. And Hunter has really been picky with his proteins lately. Brent suggested tacos before I went grocery shopping yesterday (note to self - don't go to the grocery store for normal weekly shopping on July 4th, especially when it falls on a Saturday). Instead of hamburger meat, we did ground turkey. Instead of taco shells, we did tostada shells (still not great for you, but realistically, we like to eat our tacos like a salad anyway and it forces you to only eat one). And instead of refried beans, I mashed my own black beans with some olive oil. We loaded up the tostada shells with beans, turkey meat with low sodium taco seasoning, sour cream (lite), salsa, avocados, cilantro, tomatoes, onions (I didn't mix the guac this time - we just put everything into the shell). It was YUMMY!!! This will be a new staple for us, until we get burnt out. And Hunter loved the black bean mash - I think he likes anything mashed.
.
Have a great week!!

No comments: