Saturday, November 27, 2010

New York New York

I’m very sad to say that I did not get a picture of my highlight of the trip…we went to Restaurant Marc Forgione to eat dinner the night we went to Caroline’s Comedy Club (see pic below).  If you don’t know who Marc is, he is the latest winner of The Next Iron Chef on Food Network.  He hadn’t won when we were there (early November) but he was one of my favorites, partially because a coworker went to school with him and knows him well enough to tell him we were coming to his restaurant.  He became my absolute favorite that night because he not only cooked an incredible meal, but he was SO humble and kind when he came out to say hello.  I really, really should have begged him to let me take a picture with him because I’ve been obsessed ever since.  Best celebrity meeting ever!!

Brent & Kristi - Caroline's

Some pictures around Times Square…

DSCN0936DSCN0950

From Top of the Rock observatory…

DSCN0942DSCN0947

The first pic below was this neat little playground in Central Park.  I was sitting on a huge rock formation just behind it.  It was a GORGEOUS day!  The next two pics were also around Central Park.

DSCN0960DSCN0963DSCN0971  

Various statues and fountains…

DSCN0967DSCN0968DSCN0969DSCN0973 DSCN0974

Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, outside and in…

DSCN0977DSCN0980  

Another best part of the trip that we don’t have pictures of was our Wicked experience.  Best play ever!! The actors in this musical were the best I’ve ever seen on stage, especially Galinda.  We had terrific seats too.  It was a fabulous evening.

The rest of our trip consisted mainly of eating great food…and of course, catching a movie one cold afternoon when we were tired of shivering outside.  It was a great trip and I hope we continue this November ritual!

No comments: