Saturday, August 23, 2008

New favorite place to sleep

Hunter has had some pretty rough nights over the past couple of months. At this point, we aren't really sure if it's just a bad spell or if it will never end!! Most of the problem, we believe, has been gas (whenever it hasn't been diaper rash, which we finally have control of now). Sometimes, we get proof of that when a toot escapes during one of his rampages. Other times, we just have to assume because we can't imagine anything else causing him such anguish for such a long period of time. For example, we were up with him last night from midnight until around 3:00, when he finally allowed me to transport him back to his crib. Most of this three hour period, he was screaming bloody murder, squirming like you wouldn't believe, throwing his head back in agony, and absolutely refusing anything we tried to give him to attempt to help. Did I mention that we tried again to take his bedtime bottle away? First thought was obviously hunger - he refused a cup of water, a cup of milk, a bottle of water, and last resort, a bottle of milk (which he did end up taking a little of finally). Does my child have severe hunger pains or was it gas? Did he work himself into such a fuss that he forgot what he was angry about and then decided he was just going to be angry about that? We don't think so...it certainly seemed like pain.

Of course, he woke up happy as could be (with poop everywhere, but that's another story). Didn't seem overly hungry...no apparent leftover gas pains...sure, he's been cranky today but so have I due to the lack of sleep!! Do I think anything is wrong on a grand scale? No. Do I wish I could make his pain go away in the middle of the night? Absolutely, so if you have any ideas besides Mylicon and rubbing his tight little rumbling belly, let me know.

All that being said, he has come to very much enjoy sleeping on the couch. Today, we took a nap after lunch on the couch, started together and then I snuck away 30 minutes into it so that I could do this and pick up the apartment a bit before we head to a birthday party in Kingwood (yay!). Here are a couple of pictures of my peaceful child sleeping on the couch. He's going on an hour and a half now, and I'm not about to wake him up!!

No comments: