Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I’m the Big Brother!

Here are a couple of videos of Hunter, the Big Brother.  He really is doing great with Jenna – very helpful.

And a still shot for those of you without video access – isn’t his hair cut adorable?

Hunter reading(1)

The next one was taken while I was nursing Jenna, if you can believe it.  I set the camera on the back of the couch and hit record – amazing what you can capture with both hands full.  Hunter was doing this all weekend – putting his blocks in order and “counting” them.  And yes, when he gets to ten, what follows is “eleven, thirteen.”  Sometimes sixteen or seventeen pop in there, but not in this video.  :)

We visited Hunter’s new school this morning.  September 1, he starts at Lakewood Montessori.  I have mixed feelings about this.  For once, I am excited about a transition for him instead of being a nervous wreck, but Daddy has gotten into my head a bit and there is some anxiety that he is going to miss his friends dearly.  He has been in Kids R Kids since he was 3 months old – two locations, but the same company, same building setup, same format, etc.  When we moved to Cypress, that transition was a breeze – he was only 13 months old though.  Now, he comes home every night with another story about one of his friends – Bobby, Brody, Hudson, Hayden, Ainsley, Daniel.  I was concerned about this right up until we walked in the room at Lakewood Montessori this morning and saw his old friend Landon from Kids R Kids!!  I had noticed Landon was MIA at Kids R Kids probably about a month ago, but hadn’t thought to ask anyone where he’d gone.  Now I know!!  Hunter sat down for circle time by his friend Landon and settled in nicely.  I think he will do great when he starts next Tuesday.  He didn’t want to leave when I said it was time to go, and he actually cried when I dropped him off at Kids R Kids afterwards – this has NEVER happened before!!  Crazy!

No comments: