Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Yes, it went great.  Even nap time today.  He did wake up a few times during the night, probably a bit confused, but I never had to go in (with him knowing anyway).  And tonight, only 5 minutes or so of “Mommy, Daddy” – still don’t think he got out of the bed though.  Hopefully, it keeps getting better and better.  No “real” pictures of the bed yet because we want to paint the room (also new) and get the rest of his bedding in (backorder).

big boy bed1

Yes, I had to use night shot on the camera because it’s pitch dark in his room.  For those of you who have been to our house, we left his “baby” furniture in the same room it was in and put the big boy furniture in the room that connects to his with the jack-n-jill bath.  It’s a bigger room and also kept us from having to move the nursery furniture.  (Baby Girl’s bedding should be delivered by Tuesday!!  Can’t wait!!)

big boy bed2

Note the hands tucked in his diaper – LOVE it!!  And yes, that’s a book by his head – he wanted to keep the monkeys with him.  Thankfully, they didn’t inspire him to jump on the bed.

And no, I couldn’t see what I was doing – I knew he was awake because we’d heard thumps and bumps.  I was literally spying on him to make sure he hadn’t figured out how to remove the bed rails or something, sticking my hand with the camera through a 5 inch crack in the bathroom door.  I had to take the camera downstairs to actually view it!  Once I did look at it, because of the nightshot, it totally looked like he had managed to get his PJs off – I was glad to see that wasn’t the case when I got him up this morning.  I guess it’s just because of the way the camera works in that mode.  Very strange…

So another transition goes smoothly.  So smoothly that every time I told him we were going upstairs today, he said “new bed?” with expectancy.  When I told him to say night night to Daddy tonight, “new bed?”  He loves it!  I love it!!  We all love it!!

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

I love the video of him in the bed. He's just sittin' up chillin' in the first part! Too cute!