Thursday, May 14, 2009

Three Things...

So, first off, Hunter apparently slept on the floor last night! I noticed he was having a hard time settling down last night when I put him to bed, but I had no clue he didn't actually end up IN bed after all that fussing. When I walked in this morning and didn't see my son in his bed, I panicked for a second until I felt the door hit something - he was asleep on the floor behind his door. Crazy kid...
.
Second, and if anyone has any tips on this, I would appreciate it, he no longer wants to keep his glasses on. Not only is he taking them off, he's chewing the nosepieces. Thankfully, they are cheap to replace, but having to replace one or both on a daily basis is getting pretty old. He starts a new classroom next week and one of the kids has glasses, so I'm hoping he'll see Austin wearing his like a big boy and will leave his own alone. The other thing the optician suggested is rewarding him for keeping them on for certain lengths of time, which I can certainly do on the weekends, but I can't expect Kids R Kids to do that when they have 10 (or more) other children to look after.
.
Last but not least, we have a spot reserved for us at Lakewood Montessori school for September 1 for Hunter. I'm hoping baby girl comes a little early so that I'm back on my feet and ready to take him to school myself by that date - if not, we might push it back a little further. Not that Brent can't handle it, but if I'm going to be the one taking Hunter 90% of the time, I'd like to be the one introducing him to his teachers and seeing how things are going face-to-face rather than hearing it from Brent every morning and evening. Hopefully, baby girl will get a spot before I have to go back to work, but if now, we'll just split them up for a couple of months and take her to Kids R Kids temporarily. This is all assuming Hunter does well in the new school, which we think he will. They already introduced me to his lead teacher and she's been there for 5 years, which is so much better than the tenure of the teachers we've had at KRK.
.
Anyway, I'm babbling. Any tips on keeping the glasses on would be appreciated!!

No comments: